Let's talk trash

3:03 PM Unknown 0 Comments

No, I don't mean another post about food that's bad for you. I'm talking about the kind of trash that doesn't cost any calories, although it might kill a few brain cells...trashy reality TV. The other night I looked at JoeyWaffles and said "Baby, it's not a talent I'm proud of but..I'm the best at picking out the trashiest TV shows before they become hits". Yes, he still loves me despite my terrible taste in TV.

But really, I was blogging about Chrisley Knows Best before it became a big hit and was even regularly airing. I was all over 90 Day Fiancee the first season before it became a hit this year and even got a reunion special. Little Women: LA is pure gold and I am so excited for this upcoming season and so apparently is Lifetime as they are pumping it up!

What makes good trash TV? I mean, like a fine wine, it's all about preference. I myself love a good subculture that keeps it honest so a show like Sister Wives really fits the bill for me. I love the honesty and dynamics between the wives. They are a great example of polygamy that works as opposed to the FLDS and even that awful show My Five Wives. I guess what I enjoy is learning and seeing how groups I would never have access to, live. The Little Couple and Little Women: LA show me the world of little people, the way they are the same, their struggles and triumphs and the fact that they mint be pint sized but their drama isn't.

Now, could I, really can anyone...write a post about reality TV without mentioning the Mtv Teen Moms? I have been watching these girls on and off for the last 6 years and what a ride it's been. While I have a fondness for the season two girls (mostly Chelsea and Kailyn) I actually loved Seasons 1 and 3 the best. I think Season 3 wasn't as popular because they were all fairly normal and didn't have that much drama, which is sad that normal girls couldn't be shown. But man, the girls from Season 1, they are something else. It's kind of awesome watching them all get their acts together (not Farrah...) and start having babies and building even stronger families. Only the hardest of hearts cannot be moved by the love between Catelynn and Tyler and their new baby Nova. Maci is pregnant and Amber's writing a book? Their new season cannot come soon enough. 

I love Total Divas, which I think could be embarassing but I have no shame when it comes to trash TV. Maybe it's because my older brother was into the WWE when we were kids and I wanted to like anything he did. So I followed his lead, loved Brett the Hitman Hart and even went to Summerslam in 1994. I love the Bella Twins, especially Nikki Bella and her relationship with John Cena. You can see it's fairly scripted but I don't even care, it's addicting. Season three just started and has already brought drama. Plus the girls are all gorgeous and super healthy and fit which is awesome!

Last night I ended up watching 7 Little Johnstons about a family of little people which seems fairly interesting and is another family addition to the TLC stable. I want to see what the new Kate Plus Eight will be like because the previews are hilarious. I don't just watch reality TV but it's just the easiest because I can watch in blocks and not worry about missing every week.

My non-reality TV staples are Shameless, Bob's Burger's, New Girl, and Criminal Minds. I still love Friends, The King of Queens, and who can resist House Hunters/House Hunters International? JoeyWaffles told my family that I'm even competitive when I watch TV because we always try to guess and be right about which house the people pick lol


So what are your trashy TV choices? Are you a Real Houswives fan? Can you not quit watching The Challenge's from Mtv? Do you miss the original Real World and Road Rules  and even Singled Out?

What are your favorite shows to veg out too? I'd love to know! 

0 comments: