Introducing the one and only Babs!

9:11 AM Unknown 2 Comments

Back in March I came across these photos.
Heartbreaking. I was on the Animal Rescue Corp Facebook page and they were doing a puppy mill rescue of 81 dogs and 2 cats. I looked at the photos and this little girl's eyes captured my heart. Her scared expression, her soulful eyes, the sweetness that radiated through her, I fell in love. She reminded me so much of Bella and so I contacted ARC. They were placing the dogs in different rescues all over the state and didn't know where she would end up, so it seemed a bit hopeless. Anyway, I didn't really need another dog, I just wanted her.

A few weeks later I saw they posted this video showing 6 little dogs going on the grass and there she was! Named Barbara, she was a little sweet angel, so cute and wiggly and precious. Alive Rescue had tons of pictures (see above) and I couldn't imagine not having Barbara in our home. I immediately filled out an application and started wondering if I was crazy for wanting to add a third dog. After Alex nicknamed her Babs, I couldn't not have her. Once you name them...

A week or so later I received an email and then had a phone call with Sarah from Alive who was amazing. We talked and made plans for a home visit. Everything was lining up and plans were made.

Well everyone knows what happens when you make plans and sure enough, it would be a long journey to get Babs. Turns out little Barbara was pregnant! After a scary delivery and long road to recovery, she lost 3 of her pups and little Darby survived. While mama and pup were growing and recovering there was another emergency and Babs was sick again. She got really sick, couldn't eat or drink. After a scary few days and an endoscopy later, they found a small piece of plastic and it was removed.

Trying to get the home visit finally scheduled took a while but we got to meet Babs and Darby, who we were told needed to be adopted together. 4 dogs?? Oh boy. We met them and Babs was super adorable and Darby was a pistol!! Tiny as my hand but so feisty. We decided we would take both but they ended up not being as bonded as the rescue thought and we found out Babs was ours!!

The lovely K from Naturally Balanced K came with me since the time changed and Joey couldn't come. She was awesome and helped make sure everything went smooth as we had to the adoption outside the shelter because the dogs inside had pneumonia. So thank you for being an absolutely amazing friend!!!
She is fitting right in! She knows what kennel is hers and she is getting used to wearing her collar. She LOVES to cuddle and snuggle and hang out. She LOVES her puppy sling. Whats a puppy sling you ask? Pretty much a carrier for a dog, much like a baby sling. When she was at the rescue they apparently had her in it and she loved it. Obviously I want her comfortable so I did some research and went to Amazon and bought this one and LOVE it. I highly recommend it because it's soft, durable, comfortable, and she feels really safe and secure in it. It's reversible and comes in a few colors along with a clip so she can't jump out.

Bella and Dante like her and are willing to share me so that's good. They all hang out in bed or on the sofa, know when it's dinner time, and just sort of run around and play. Bella and Babs both love food and remind me so much of each other and I feel like Bella knows to look out for her.

So in short, Barbara Mae Woodman aka Babs aka Squiggly Butt aka lil mama is an Aries who loves bully sticks, cuddling, Psych and Criminal Minds, warm blankets, her puppy sling, her new animal pack and JoeyWaffles.

Welcome to your furever home Babs.

{If you want to donate and help a wonderful rescue save more dogs, go here and sponsor a pet!}

2 comments:

  1. So nice that you addopted her!
    I think that stray dogs have less chances of a good life than puppies,and it's simply a shame.
    My boyfriend also took care of a stray dog in our home country,but we had to leave her there .She's good taken care of,at a family who loves her,but my boyfriend misses her every day :)

    ReplyDelete